Monday, May 12, 2008

Hello...Goodbye

I have a lot of ground to cover, so I plan to write about the last couple of weeks in several posts. The summary of it is that we had lots of family come, and it was such a blessing to spend time together. My parents, grandparents, and Alex came 2 weeks ago and stayed for a week. A few days later Ben came, and he left just this morning. So now we're on our own again...but only for 3 more months!

My family stayed in the Pilot House, which is very nice. We got the chance to "vacation" on Saba ourselves. We spent most of our days at the rental house (real furniture, DISHWASHER, all the makings of an American home), did all the things vacationers on Saba do, and we even shopped for Saba souvenirs! I passed a local (me dressed in nice clothes, with hair done, and makeup on, carrying a big purse) and he said, "Beth, you look like a tourist!" Well, for that week at least, I WAS a tourist. And it was enjoyable! It's great to see Saba with new eyes once in a while.

No comments: