Here's Well's Bay (aka "the beach"). It's the only place on Saba with any significant amount of sand...and even this bay doesn't have much. The sand is volcanic, so it's dark (obviously), but it's also very fine and soft. Feels great on the ol' toes.
Whoa! Not expecting that wave!
This is Cove Bay. We went to swim one morning and brought a picnic lunch. We had so much fun down there with all of us in the water! Dad and I tried to snorkel, but the current was way too strong.
And here's Fort Bay (aka "the harbor"). I used to work at In Two Deep, which is a restaurant down here. We went down for lunch, and then walked out on the pier to see the fishermen bringing in Saban lobster. They don't have the huge front pinchers like New England lobsters do.
1 comment:
Seeing these pictures make me want to come to Saba even more. At least your family did not lose their flip flops in the water. I am so glad that they got to come and had such a great time.
Post a Comment