This is a randomly placed post. One of our friends from Saba sent us this link and I wanted to keep up with it, so I thought the best way to do that would be to put it on the blog. The title to this post is a link to a YouTube video of driving on Saba's roads.
For those of you who have not had the good fortune of visiting the island, this video is hardly an exaggeration. The roads are that curvy and hilly and people (including Lee) do drive them at frighteningly high speeds.
A bit of advice - if you are prone to motion sickness, I do not suggest trying to watch this video. You have been warned!
A note of interest - I'm pretty sure at the end you catch a glimpse of our car parked at Fort Bay. I don't know when this was filmed, but the car has a non-broken back hatch. This means that it was filmed before the incident that caused the breakage (perhaps even before we ever went to Saba) or right before we left Saba (in August 2008) or that it's not our car. It doesn't look quite rusty enough to be ours. I can't remember if there was more than one white car like ours on the island, but I don't think there was. No one else was that cool...or stupid...however you want to look at it.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment