We had the big S.O.S. yard sale this morning, and we succeeded in unloading all our stuff that we either didn't need to take home or had no chance whatsoever of fitting into our suitcases. I feel 1000 pounds lighter after getting rid of that stuff. When you have a yard sale there's always that looming thought of "what in the world will I do with this junk if it doesn't sell"? Thankfully we didn't have to deal with that. The best news is that it's over and I can now do something else besides get ready for the yard sale. The second best news is that we made $280, which is good because I ordered $150 worth of clothes from Ann Taylor Loft this week! The sale stuff was on sale so I practically HAD to. :)
There was also a fist fight for our car today. Ok, not really, but everyone who was interested in the car coincidentally descended on us today. Yes, that's right, "everyone" implies that several people want our car...crazy I know. Or maybe not so crazy because our $500 car lasted us the entire 20 months, which is more than I can say for lots of cars that cost significantly more. We re-confirmed with our landlord that he wants to buy it and decided a price. $500! Sweet! We figure that we've spent $500 on maintenance and repairs along the way, so all in all it cost us $500 for transportation for almost 2 years. You can't beat that! And now the sale of the beloved Saba car is a done deal. Since our landlord is buying it, we can drive it up until we leave and then just leave it in its driveway...alone...without us. So sad. On the other hand, our nowhere near new cars at home will seem like luxury cars to us!
We leave our little island 1 week from today. It's sort of feels like I'm torn in two - I think I'm equally excited and sad. It certainly will be strange to leave for the last time. We're all packed except for the stuff we'll need this week, so hopefully we (Lee) can find some free time to enjoy Saba before we go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment