I have just one bone to pick, though. Saba is not exactly what I would consider a neighboring island to St. Croix. It's actually pretty far away. I think it's about 100 miles away. I mean it's in the same ocean, but that's about it. There are 7 islands that are visible from Saba, so why not pick one of those?
Friday, June 13, 2008
Crosswords
I have recently discovered (in my continuing efforts to entertain myself while Lee is studying) that crossword puzzles usually keep me occupied for about an hour or so. I was doing the crossword from the Tennessean tonight when I got quite the surprise. The clue was "St. Croix neighbor." A Caribbean clue! So I'm thinking St. Thomas...St. John...four letters that start with S...SABA?! It was Saba! How exciting! This little dot of an island made a crossword puzzle! And how strange that I live on Saba, am from Tennessee, and had Saba as an answer to a crossword puzzle in the Tennessean. I know, it doesn't take much to amuse me.
I have just one bone to pick, though. Saba is not exactly what I would consider a neighboring island to St. Croix. It's actually pretty far away. I think it's about 100 miles away. I mean it's in the same ocean, but that's about it. There are 7 islands that are visible from Saba, so why not pick one of those?
I have just one bone to pick, though. Saba is not exactly what I would consider a neighboring island to St. Croix. It's actually pretty far away. I think it's about 100 miles away. I mean it's in the same ocean, but that's about it. There are 7 islands that are visible from Saba, so why not pick one of those?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beth,
If they had picked one of the other islands then the crossword puzzle would not of worked. Besides, you know that Saba is the best. Have a great day. Love you both
Post a Comment