So as not to be one-upped by my husband, I have started my OWN blog. So there. Actually, we're both hugely regretting that we haven't journeled or blogged about our experiences over the past year. So we have slightly less than 6 months left on Saba and we intend to write things down as they happen. At the time, we think that we won't forget what we've done and things that have happened, but I'm sure as time goes on we will.
There no doubt are things that we will NEVER forget..such as the Great Cockroach Incident of 2007. Seriously, they were the size of my palm and they marched out of the cabinet and took over the kitchen. Lee stopped counting at 30 as we sprayed Bop on walls, ceilings, counters, and appliances in an attempt to destroy them. We will likely not forget all the special car stories. This car, by the way, is totally my fault. Before we left for Saba, Lee was telling someone that he hoped to find a car for $1500. Money was (is) tight so I said, "I'm praying for a $500 car." I didn't recall this conversation until a couple weeks after our lovely purchase, but God was (is) faithful and delivered the $500 beauty. Anyway, it now has a plexiglass back hatch, a zip tie to hold on the bumper, and a bungie cord to hold down the hood (after it hit the windshield mid-drive a la Tommy Boy). The passenger window doesn't roll down and the driver's side window doesn't roll up. Hence the moss we often get growing on the floor in the backseat. You wouldn't believe how un-embarassed we are of it and how thankful we've been for it as it continues to run long after the $3000 cars that some of our friends bought have died.
This blog will serve to record what goes on in our lives from here on out and maybe to reminisce about the more significant things from the past year as they occur to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Beth,
I have to admit that your car is one of a kind. You really have to see it to really appreciate the true description. I will never forget the first time I came to Saba and Lee took me for a ride. The streets scared me to death because they are so narrow and I just knew we were going to side swipe the wall. Then there was the car which feels like you are going to go slamming into the windshield when he drives. You better hope and pray it is not too hot because the window will not roll down on the passenger side. But, I have to admit that when I got home I truly missed that one of a kind Saba car. It makes you realize that things don't really matter. All you are trying to do is make it through your 20 months. I think you need to put a picture on this so people can realize how lucky
you two actually are. Love you both, Mom
Post a Comment